The Moroccan bath is actually famous in the Arab World. It is an age old traditional cleansing ritual of Moroccans which is spread across the Middle East and popularly known as Hammam Maghrebi. This ritual is done to clean, whiten and soften the skin. It also helps to relax the tired nerves and muscles while enhancing the blood circulation of the body.
The Moroccan bath is considered a sacred ritual in the Far East. It has been also known as a must do ritual before a girl gets married. Moroccan bath followed by a luxurious massage is the best way to pamper oneself.
– Improves skin elasticity and clarity.
– It works as an anti-ageing procedure.
– Balances oil secretion in the skin and controls acne.
– Refines skin texture by removing dead skin layers.
– Dehydrates skin and soothes redness and flakiness.
– Improves the skin color, removes tan etc.
– Increased physical and emotional detox.
– Nourishing skin with vitamins and minerals.
– Enhanced deep relaxation and rejuvenation.
– Reduces stress and anxiety.
Ritual: The Moroccan bath usually takes place in a room which looks like a regular bathroom. The only difference is being the pipe with steam. It is quiet a big room where two can be seated with a ceramic bench to lay on. These rooms are slightly dark inside to make you feel more relaxed and sleepy. Firstly you have to wear some sort of bikinis and then they turn on the steam pipe for 6-7 minutes, when the bath is full with the steam.
- Next they cover your body with Moroccan soap, which is black in color which looks like jell. They spread all over the body and you are allowed to take steam, until the body pores open from the steam. This is the zenith moment I should say your whole body becomes clean and skin becomes soft and supple like a baby.
- Next procedure is the Italian white powder which is used to whitening the skin depending on the color and the sensitivity of the skin.
- After washing the body from the powder with a special brush called “Leefa” the process of scrubbing starts from the feet and then up to the upper part of the body. While scrubbing the dead skin and other dirt from the body is removed.
- Again I was guided to take one more shower, with shower jell to give the skin more softness and make it smell good.
- And lastly cream needs to be applied. After finishing with the bath if you prefer to have some extra pampering to your body there is another massage called a relaxing massage. This completes the bath and it definitely gives you a sublime feeling.
- The whole Moroccan bath takes 40 minutes and the massage alone takes another 40-45 minutes andanother 20 minutes for the massage at the end.
- It is advised women take Moroccan bath twice a month because even with the regular everyday shower the skin really needs to be cleaned in a more professional way.
- At the beginning you may feel little uncomfortable but the feeling slips away in no time.
WHATS LIFE WITHOUT A LITTLE EXTRA PAMPER? Out of curiosity, I did try it too and soon got addicted to it. So if you haven’t tired Moroccan Bath yet, please go try, pamper yourself and get your fresh skin back.